Cross-docking is the practice of unloading and loading materials with little or no storage time in a warehouse.
Cross-docking can save your company dollars and time by reducing;
- Handling costs
- Storage costs
- Transportation costs
If emergency situations arise, we pride ourselves in expediting your exception issues to your satisfaction. By providing flexible staffing, we can move quickly to complete your special needs on your timetable.
Everyday loads shift in transit and appointments are missed. Warehouse Basics is a key player in emergency situations for distressed services in the Southeast Region. Warehouse Basics can react with limited notice and under short time constraints. Examples of distressed services and special circumstances:
- Truckloads that require emergency re-working due to loading error or shifting
- Product that must be stored temporarily until a Customer is able to receive it
- Missed appointments that have to be rescheduled for a later date
- Shipments that require value-added services prior to delivery such as palletizing, banding or labeling
- Trailer damage that requires unloading product and loading product onto a new trailer